Saturday, July 24, 2010

Greetings from Stratton, Maine!

Greetings from Stratton, Maine!
We arrived in Stratton this morning around 10:30 after sleeping 8 miles away from town on a notch between two beautiful 4,000 foot peaks called the Bigelows. It was a great night even though a little cold and rainy. We are currently at mile 187.8 and about to hit one of the most beautiful sections of the trail through the Mahoosuc mountains of southern Maine and the White Mountains of New Hampshire. These mountains will also be the most challenging we will face! We are jazzed about it! Here are some pics since Monson.

This is me, Full Value, and Plug on top of Avery Peak (the highest mountain in the Bigelows)

This is me dying on the way up the mountain at the 2,000 mile marker...yes that is 2,000 more miles to go to Georgia.

This video is one that describes exactly what we do everyday since I have gotten so many questions asking well...what do you do every day.


Thank you all for everything! Send any mail to Andover, Maine P.O. 04216.
Walking South,
Addison

6 comments:

  1. What a great view from Avery Peak! Awesome video too! Keep up the hard work!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like you are having fun. Why are you breathing so hard. That was probably a dumb question. Love you Mimi. !!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photos, Addison! Kev & I wish we were there with you. It sounds like such an exciting adventure:) It was greating talking with you on Saturday. Stay safe. We love you, Holly, Kevin & kiddos

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was excited!!!....and entertained!!! Take care of yourself and keep posting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey buddy!

    Just want you to know that I'm proud of what all you have accomplished and what you are doing. Really wish I could be out there with you. Enjoy this incredible time my friend.

    Peace!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am always glad to hear from you. I loved the picture of you old shoes and socks. Sorry we missed your call. I am sure you are having fun in New York. We were at my 50 year class reunion this pass weekend. A lot of the people looked old!!!!haha We pray for you every day that you willbe safe and well. We love you so very much. You are a wonderful grandson.
    Love
    mimi and Pop

    ReplyDelete