Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Manchester, VT

We are at the Green Mountain House in Vermont! We are at mile 538 which represents 25% of the trail done! Vermont is a much more forgiving state when it comes to terrain. Switchbacks exist and there are a lot less rocks. Just a few more days and we will be in Massachusetts. I have no pictures to post as of now but I can tell you that the place we are staying tonight is probably nicer than any house I will ever live in. Its incredible! It reminds me of a beach house that I would pay five hundred dollars for a weekend stay, however it comes with a pint of Ben and Jerry's ice cream and is only 15$ ha. (when I said that I would pay that much to stay in a weekend beach house I meant that other people would pay that much to stay...just to be clear) The last three days were our rainiest so far but we managed just fine.
Tip to future AT thru-hikers: 1. Don't walk two and a half miles then realize you left your rain jacket then proceed to ditch your pack on the side of the trail and run the five mile round trip to retrieve it. I would suggest just not leaving your rain jacket in the beginning to remedy this situation.
2. Always floss.


Thank you all for everything! Hope all is well!
Walking south,
Addison (Reset)

2 comments:

  1. i'm so jealous of you...my plan is to graduate college in december (obviously not this one) and start it in march.

    ReplyDelete